senn kemur endi sumars..

-- summer is at it's end

This summer has been good to me, endless partying and long nights of midnight sun. Good weather and good people have accompanied me.
If it was always summer in Iceland I would never consider leaving.

Summer in Iceland is magic.
I've also heard that there's something in the water.

Sometimes it's me!

I have 5 days left on this island now and I wont be back until may. 
Isn't that crazy?
I'm almost Canadian now.. almost a quebecker. 
Then I'll start to talk all funny and apologize to people all the time. 
Funnily I was watching a tv show on BBC Entertainment yesterday about this couple that had hired contractors to renovate their house.
Who then screwed them royally up. So they explained the situation almost apologetically - kind of like it was their own fault.

Then the show was about this really lumberjack lookin' fellow who came in and saved the day by fixing their house. All the time I was wondering from what country it was. Their English wasn't English enough to be from the UK and they didn't speak with a distinctive American accent.

Embarrassingly for me I forgot the existence of Canada until the show was finished and I saw all kinds of Canadian tv station logos sponsoring the show.

Of course the apologetical couple were Canadian. 
Made me laugh.

Back to Iceland then.
Tomorrow I'll be finishing this summer off with a bang by going to a summer house with some crazy friends/coworkers and doing some river rafting on Saturday. No better way to end the adventurous Icelandic summer I've had!

Saturday's rafting wont be as good as the Beast, but with awesome people it will be fun.


Until next time,

Miriam

   

Comments

Popular Posts