Summer.

Quite often people are surprised at how nice the summer in Iceland is.
"It's actually quite warm.."
"Oh, I got sunburnt! In Iceland?"
"The weather is amazing!"

When you live here, summer is not only just summer.
Summer means that you are alive. You survived yet another winter of darkness. One more winter of storms, slush, snow, high winds. Snowstorms.
Depression.

Summer, makes it all worth it.
In summer, Icelanders dont remember what winter feels like.

Because summer in Iceland is not like anything else.
When the sun shines on you through a window.
And it's already 11pm.
Dinner tastes better.
On the longest day of the year I had dinner with three lovely girls. The sun didn't go down and we laid down by the window to look at the orange/pink sky. 


Another day I spent in the country side with my best friend. It was a surprise visit and a surprise hang out. After relaxing in a hot pool and later some BBQ and singing I went home happy and relaxed - the drive was totally worth it. 

        


It's been good to me. So far. 
-Miriam 





Comments

Popular Posts